Delhi BJP pays homage to U`khand flood victims, takes out candle march
New Delhi: Paying tributes to the Uttarakhand flood victims, BJP`s Delhi unit on Friday took out a candlelight vigil in the national capital.
Senior BJP leader Uma Bharati and state BJP president Vijay Goel led the march which began from Delhi BJP office at Pandit Pant Marg to Jantar Mantar.
"BJP has provided support as part of the relief effort and it`s the time for all of us to join hands to help in the relief and rehabilitation of lakhs of people who have lost everything in this tragedy," Bharati said.
Goel said the BJP`s Delhi unit would sent some more trucks laden with relief material to Uttarakhand.
"The BJP workers in Delhi were coordinating with their counterparts in Uttarakhand to help find out residents who are still missing," he said.
A relief centre has been opened at the party`s office where Delhiites can donate non-perishable food items, clothes, medicines and other useful items for relief material.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre