Delhi BJP seeks dismissal of Shiela Dikshit as Kerala Governor
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Sunday demanded the dismissal of Sheila Dikshit as Governor of Kerala and lodging of case against her in the wake of scathing remarks by the CAG over alleged irregularities in the development works in unauthorised colonies.
"We have urged Lt Governor to write to Central Government to relieve Shiela Dikshit as the Kerala Governor. Besides, BJP has also called upon LG to direct the concerned departments of Delhi government to lodge police cases against the former Delhi Chief Minister," Delhi BJP chief Satish Upadhyay said.
He claimed that the Sheila Dikshit government had indulged in corruption even in 2012-13, her last year before elections.
"Citizen of Delhi can well understand that if a government can indulge in corruption in its last year what they must have done in their 15 years rule," Upadhyay alleged.
The Delhi BJP chief also said that a special meeting of party leaders was held today to discuss the CAG report and expressed that it was the matter of grave concern that Congress Government all along in the tenure "fooled the people" of unauthorised colonies.
"Before 2008 elections, hollow Regularisation Certificates were distributed, then dreams of opening registry were shown even as no development work was done on ground and now, this CAG report has shocked people that in 2012-13 alone a scam of Rs 3,000 crore was done in the name of development work in the unauthorised colonies," Upadhyay alleged.
He also said that similarly DSIIDC spent Rs 206 crore on laying of roads in colonies where the roads were later dug up for laying of sewer and water lines.
"The work of laying water lines and drainage in JJ colonies too saw major scams.
Of the listed 685 JJ colonies, CAG could find water lines in only 158 colonies and even as Rs 49 crore were shown to have been spent on providing drainage, CAG could not find drainage line in even one single J J colony," Upadhyay claimed.
Meanwhile, the BJP also slammed Aam Aadmi Party chief Arvind Kejriwal for organising a rally at Jantar Mantar and alleged that AAP was just shedding crocodile tears to save their political existence.
"AAP is just shedding crocodile tears in the name of people of Delhi. They (AAP) are just trying to save their political existence. If they really care for people of Delhi than why did they form government with the support of Congress Party," Delhi BJP general secretaries and MP Ramesh Bidhuri said in a statement.
He also alleged that even after spending lakhs on publicity, AAP could attract a motley crowd of around 3,500 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family