Delhi BJP to "forcefully" oppose implementation of FDI in retail
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Friday said it will "forcefully" oppose the city government`s decision to allow FDI in multi-brand retail during the winter session of the Assembly beginning December 11.
The decision was taken at a BJP legislature party meeting presided by VK Malhotra.
Accusing the Delhi government of siding with the foreign retail giants, Malhotra said allowing FDI in multi-brand retail will adversely affect small traders and demanded a review of the decision to implement it in Delhi.
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has been strongly supporting FDI in retail and announced that her government was trying to make Delhi the first city to have foreign retail chains.
The BJP legislature party has decided to give a notice to Assembly Speaker Yoganand Shastri for a debate in the House on the FDI issue.
The party also decided to raise issues such as hike in power and water charges, death of four patients in Delhi government-run hospital following snapping of oxygen supply, cap on subsidised LPG cylinders and poor infrastructure in unauthorised colonies regularised in September.
Malhotra said BJP will also demand a debate on making the Lokayukta more effective so that "rampant corruption" in the government can be stopped.
"We will also demand a discussion on price rise, deteriorating law and order situation and increasing pollution level in the city," he said.
The Winter Session of Delhi Assembly will be held from December 11 to 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February