Delhi BJP to "forcefully" oppose implementation of FDI in retail
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Friday said it will "forcefully" oppose the city government`s decision to allow FDI in multi-brand retail during the winter session of the Assembly beginning December 11.
The decision was taken at a BJP legislature party meeting presided by VK Malhotra.
Accusing the Delhi government of siding with the foreign retail giants, Malhotra said allowing FDI in multi-brand retail will adversely affect small traders and demanded a review of the decision to implement it in Delhi.
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has been strongly supporting FDI in retail and announced that her government was trying to make Delhi the first city to have foreign retail chains.
The BJP legislature party has decided to give a notice to Assembly Speaker Yoganand Shastri for a debate in the House on the FDI issue.
The party also decided to raise issues such as hike in power and water charges, death of four patients in Delhi government-run hospital following snapping of oxygen supply, cap on subsidised LPG cylinders and poor infrastructure in unauthorised colonies regularised in September.
Malhotra said BJP will also demand a debate on making the Lokayukta more effective so that "rampant corruption" in the government can be stopped.
"We will also demand a discussion on price rise, deteriorating law and order situation and increasing pollution level in the city," he said.
The Winter Session of Delhi Assembly will be held from December 11 to 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll
- Throwback! Diana Penty’s Italian vacation pics will inspire you to visit the country
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci
- Nation remembers "Missile Man" APJ Abdul Kalam on his 1st death anniversary
- SHOCKING! Narsingh Yadav wanted to kill himself after dope test fiasco?