Delhi BJP to "forcefully" oppose implementation of FDI in retail
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Friday said it will "forcefully" oppose the city government`s decision to allow FDI in multi-brand retail during the winter session of the Assembly beginning December 11.
The decision was taken at a BJP legislature party meeting presided by VK Malhotra.
Accusing the Delhi government of siding with the foreign retail giants, Malhotra said allowing FDI in multi-brand retail will adversely affect small traders and demanded a review of the decision to implement it in Delhi.
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has been strongly supporting FDI in retail and announced that her government was trying to make Delhi the first city to have foreign retail chains.
The BJP legislature party has decided to give a notice to Assembly Speaker Yoganand Shastri for a debate in the House on the FDI issue.
The party also decided to raise issues such as hike in power and water charges, death of four patients in Delhi government-run hospital following snapping of oxygen supply, cap on subsidised LPG cylinders and poor infrastructure in unauthorised colonies regularised in September.
Malhotra said BJP will also demand a debate on making the Lokayukta more effective so that "rampant corruption" in the government can be stopped.
"We will also demand a discussion on price rise, deteriorating law and order situation and increasing pollution level in the city," he said.
The Winter Session of Delhi Assembly will be held from December 11 to 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe