Delhi BJP to stage demonstration against price hike
New Delhi: Delhi BJP will stage a demonstration on Friday to protest against the recent steep hike in prices of cooking gas, electricity and diesel.
Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley and Leader of Opposition in Delhi Legislative Assembly Vijay Kumar Malhotra would be among the prominent BJP leaders at the demonstration organised by BJP Delhi Pradesh Mahila Morcha.
The Delhi unit of the party will also launch a 40-day public movement in the national capital from October 14 to protest against hike in power tariff, cooking gas and oil and decision to allow FDI in retail by the government.
"Sheila Dikshit government was working against the democratic norms and the constitution. It was working in the interest of few people and public was being subjected to various taxes. Old taxes have also been increased. The anti- people government was trying to loot the common man," Delhi BJP president Vijender Gupta said.
The BJP has also decided to provide free legal aid to people facing criminal cases for reconnection of power by activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal and other workers of India Against Corruption (IAC).
Kejriwal and his team had reconnected electricity supply to the houses of many people whose power supply was disconnected by discoms for not paying bills.
"These poor people have been left in the lurch. Their supply had again been disconnected and criminal cases filed. These people are facing problems from both sides. There is darkness in their houses and no money to fight the case.
Hence BJP will help them in litigation," Gupta said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata