Delhi BJP to stage demonstration against price hike
New Delhi: Delhi BJP will stage a demonstration on Friday to protest against the recent steep hike in prices of cooking gas, electricity and diesel.
Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley and Leader of Opposition in Delhi Legislative Assembly Vijay Kumar Malhotra would be among the prominent BJP leaders at the demonstration organised by BJP Delhi Pradesh Mahila Morcha.
The Delhi unit of the party will also launch a 40-day public movement in the national capital from October 14 to protest against hike in power tariff, cooking gas and oil and decision to allow FDI in retail by the government.
"Sheila Dikshit government was working against the democratic norms and the constitution. It was working in the interest of few people and public was being subjected to various taxes. Old taxes have also been increased. The anti- people government was trying to loot the common man," Delhi BJP president Vijender Gupta said.
The BJP has also decided to provide free legal aid to people facing criminal cases for reconnection of power by activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal and other workers of India Against Corruption (IAC).
Kejriwal and his team had reconnected electricity supply to the houses of many people whose power supply was disconnected by discoms for not paying bills.
"These poor people have been left in the lurch. Their supply had again been disconnected and criminal cases filed. These people are facing problems from both sides. There is darkness in their houses and no money to fight the case.
Hence BJP will help them in litigation," Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!