Delhi BJP to woo women voters with kitty parties, kirtans
New Delhi: Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel said that party workers will go to places frequented by women to garner their support for the forthcoming Delhi Assembly Elections.
The idea is to target women from all walks of life who are often found missing from public meetings. Goel said BJP workers would take the party’s agenda, which focuses on benefit of the marginalised sections, to the masses.
“We will make all efforts in communicating our agenda and development plans to the voters. We will also bring forth the failure of the Delhi government which has only made false promises to the people of the capital. The party workers will be approaching people at all places of public gathering. This includes kitty parties, religious gatherings and also while people are out for a walk,” he added after the first meeting of the newly-constituted State Executive Committee on Tuesday.
Delhi BJP also decided to approach the voters with an alternative model of development where all sections of the society will be benefited. Goel promised that BJP will provide books and laptops to all students at concessional rates.
“When BJP will come to power, 15 new colleges shall be opened and scheme will be framed for opening evening classes in the colleges where no such classes are being held,” he said.
Political resolution passed by the Executive Committee has proposed full statehood for Delhi, safety of women and children, and development of villages.
“We have demanded full statehood for Delhi as this will end multiplicity of authorities in the national capital. Unfortunately, the Congress government has done nothing to get full statehood for Delhi. The key issues in the Assembly polls will be power, water, development in villages, unauthorised colonies, JJ clusters and slums,” Goel said.
Earlier, while inaugurating the meeting, former BJP president Murli Manohar Joshi too emphasised on upliftment of the weaker sections of the society. “The party must focus on marginalised sections. Delhi is ready for change after 14 years of misrule of Congress,” Joshi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read