Delhi BJP to woo women voters with kitty parties, kirtans
New Delhi: Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel said that party workers will go to places frequented by women to garner their support for the forthcoming Delhi Assembly Elections.
The idea is to target women from all walks of life who are often found missing from public meetings. Goel said BJP workers would take the party’s agenda, which focuses on benefit of the marginalised sections, to the masses.
“We will make all efforts in communicating our agenda and development plans to the voters. We will also bring forth the failure of the Delhi government which has only made false promises to the people of the capital. The party workers will be approaching people at all places of public gathering. This includes kitty parties, religious gatherings and also while people are out for a walk,” he added after the first meeting of the newly-constituted State Executive Committee on Tuesday.
Delhi BJP also decided to approach the voters with an alternative model of development where all sections of the society will be benefited. Goel promised that BJP will provide books and laptops to all students at concessional rates.
“When BJP will come to power, 15 new colleges shall be opened and scheme will be framed for opening evening classes in the colleges where no such classes are being held,” he said.
Political resolution passed by the Executive Committee has proposed full statehood for Delhi, safety of women and children, and development of villages.
“We have demanded full statehood for Delhi as this will end multiplicity of authorities in the national capital. Unfortunately, the Congress government has done nothing to get full statehood for Delhi. The key issues in the Assembly polls will be power, water, development in villages, unauthorised colonies, JJ clusters and slums,” Goel said.
Earlier, while inaugurating the meeting, former BJP president Murli Manohar Joshi too emphasised on upliftment of the weaker sections of the society. “The party must focus on marginalised sections. Delhi is ready for change after 14 years of misrule of Congress,” Joshi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez