Delhi BJP to work for development in unauthorised colonies
New Delhi: BJP on Sunday stressed on the need for development in rural areas and unauthorised colonies in the national capital, and said the party is committed to work toward it.
Addressing a protest rally at Jantar Mantar here, the party sought removal of `O` zone tag from residential areas around the Yamuna riverbed, Delhi BJP President Vijay Goel said, adding the problem with Delhi is that agencies which takes key decisions are controlled by the Centre.
"There needs to be clarity on every aspect of urban planning in the city. We need to have mechanism in place where there is continuous review of the existing policies to strike a balance between environment protection and needs of the people," he said.
"The biggest problem in Delhi is that agencies which take crucial decisions are controlled by the Centre and Congress led UPA government has failed to discharge its duties in this regard," he said.
Addressing the rally, BJP leader Rambir Singh Bidhuri said that the Delhi Development Authority (DDA), the previous Congress government here and the central ministry "have continuously ignored the plight of people living in residential areas."
"With no permission to do any kind of construction, there cannot be any development here," Bidhuri said, adding BJP would continue their struggle to get the `O` zone tag removed from the residential areas.
Colonies like Sonia Vihar, Jaitpur, Sadat Pur, Karawal Nagar, Khajuri Khas, Abu Fazal Enclave and Shaheen Bagh come under zone `O`, under which falls the Yamuna riverbed.
Zone `O` defines the Yamuna riverbed where few unauthorised colonies and old villages, which are prone to floods, still exist and no construction is allowed in these areas.
The BJP have been demanding to remove these colonies from zone `O` so that development works could be undertaken here.
During the rally, Goel also said that during the recently held Assembly elections, BJP got an "overwhelming response" from rural areas and unauthorised colonies here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read