Delhi BJP vice president resigns after comments against Narendra Modi
New Delhi: Delhi BJP vice president Aamir Raza Hussain has resigned from his post after his statement against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi anguished the party leadership.
In a letter to Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel, Husain said that he should not have made comments which could cause hurt to a senior leader of the party while holding an important post.
Husain had on Monday told a news channel that Muslims would prefer senior party leader LK Advani or Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj over Modi as the Prime Ministerial candidate.
His intention was not to cause anguish against any leader and he has tendered his resignation from the post, Delhi BJP said in a statement.
Goel has accepted his resignation, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- NASA’s SDO captures bursts of solar material from the Sun- Watch
- Watch: Videos show German-Iranian gunman going on rampage in Munich
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32
- Pakistan has been crying for Kashmir ever since independence: NPP