Delhi blast: NIA looking for 2 suspects in J&K
Jammu: The National Investigation Agency (NIA), probing the Sep 7 Delhi High Court blast that killed 15 people, is looking for two more suspects in Kishtwar town of Jammu and Kashmir after raids on the residences of suspect Wasim Akram Malik.
The NIA has asked for the help of the state police in tracing Junaid, the younger brother of Wasim, as he too is believed to have been part of the conspiracy and subsequent claiming of responsibility for the blast.
Police sources said Junaid was untraceable and so was another suspect identified as Jehangir, also of Kishtwar town of Jammu and Kashmir.
Sources said the NIA was looking for these suspects after certain disclosures made by Wasim during interrogation and the recovery of three mobiles from his Jammu and Kishtwar residences during raids on Wednesday.
The NIA team that had specially flown to Jammu and later to Kishtwar also recovered a diary, containing certain contacts of Wasim in Bangladesh.
Sources, however, did not give out any other detail.
"We are looking for the suspects whom the NIA wants in this case," a police official said.
Kishtwar town was in the news after it was discovered that an e-mail claiming that Harkat-ul-Jehad al-Islami had executed the Delhi blast was sent from a cyber cafe there. Following sustained investigation, two youngsters Abid Hussain and Aamir Abbas were arrested and taken to Delhi in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!