Delhi blast: NIA looking for 2 suspects in J&K
Jammu: The National Investigation Agency (NIA), probing the Sep 7 Delhi High Court blast that killed 15 people, is looking for two more suspects in Kishtwar town of Jammu and Kashmir after raids on the residences of suspect Wasim Akram Malik.
The NIA has asked for the help of the state police in tracing Junaid, the younger brother of Wasim, as he too is believed to have been part of the conspiracy and subsequent claiming of responsibility for the blast.
Police sources said Junaid was untraceable and so was another suspect identified as Jehangir, also of Kishtwar town of Jammu and Kashmir.
Sources said the NIA was looking for these suspects after certain disclosures made by Wasim during interrogation and the recovery of three mobiles from his Jammu and Kishtwar residences during raids on Wednesday.
The NIA team that had specially flown to Jammu and later to Kishtwar also recovered a diary, containing certain contacts of Wasim in Bangladesh.
Sources, however, did not give out any other detail.
"We are looking for the suspects whom the NIA wants in this case," a police official said.
Kishtwar town was in the news after it was discovered that an e-mail claiming that Harkat-ul-Jehad al-Islami had executed the Delhi blast was sent from a cyber cafe there. Following sustained investigation, two youngsters Abid Hussain and Aamir Abbas were arrested and taken to Delhi in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs