Delhi boy among CBSE class XII toppers
New Delhi: Paras Sharma of a Delhi school and Sopan Khosla from Jabalpur are among the all-India toppers in the Class XII CBSE exams results of which were announced on Monday.
Ankit Saini of Rajkiya Pratibha Vikas Vidyalaya topped among students in Delhi governments schools.
Paras of Lancer Convent Senior Secondary School in Outer Delhi`s Rohini topped the exams all over India scoring 99 per cent in Commerce stream.
Sopan Khosla from DPS, Jabalpur, in Madhya Pradesh also scored 99 per cent in Science stream.
According to Delhi government, Saini scored 97.4 per cent and was the over-all topper in the national capital among government-run schools in the capital.
Lalit Lakra of SV school in Paschim Vihar was the topper in Science with 96.2 per cent while Momina Sheikh of Shakti Nagar and Diksha of Nangloi topped in Arts stream with 95.2 per cent and Taruna with 92.8 per cent topped the vocational stream in Delhi government schools.
A happy Paras, who wants to pursue economics in his higher studies, said he did not expect 99 per cent though he was sure he would score above 97 per cent.
Asked why he chose Commerce, he said "after Class X, I joined a coaching to know more about my interests and I realised that I was not comfortable with science. I thank my parents for the support they gave after I took this decision."
"I love studying and followed a time-table. If you study seriously for two-three hours, you can crack any examination," he said. He said he would like to go to St Stephens or Sri Ram College of Commerce to pursue higher studies.
Apoorva, another student who scored above 97 per cent, wants to pursue to CA from Delhi. "I feel great...I was a bit nervous. I was happily shocked when I saw the results," she said.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- Housing prices rose during Oct-Dec quarter of 2015-16: RBI
- Kerala CM Chandy files defamation case against Achuthanandan
- Earthquake rocks southwest France, no casualties reported
- West Bengal polls fifth phase to decide fate of four Narada 'stung' Trinamool biggies
- Campaigning ends for Bengal polls fifth phase