Delhi braveheart`s family wants open court hearing
Ballia (UP): The family of the 23-year-old Delhi gang-rape victim today favoured open court hearing in the case and said this would enable information to reach the people.
They would otherwise not come to know of the developments and this might weaken the people`s anger, and the agitation going on against the rape and demands for a strict anti-rape law, her family said here today.
The victim`s grandfather took strong exception to Asaram Bapu`s remarks terming the media and his critics as "barking dogs," saying that it "only indicated his mentality."
A local court on January 7 had ordered in-camera proceedings and a ban on media coverage of the case. High drama and commotion was also witnessed over providing counsel for the accused.
Meanwhile, construction work has started in the victim`s native Medawar Kala village ahead of her `terahi` (ritual related to death) on January 12. Some VVIPs are expected to arrive here for the purpose.
A helipad is being prepared in the village, roads and drains are also being repaired.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof