Delhi braveheart’s kin wants Prez to ensure death for juvenile accused
Balia: The family of Delhi gang-rape victim said President Pranab Mukherjee should use his powers to ensure that the minor accused in the case gets the death sentence along with other accused for the heinous crime.
The brother of the 23-year-old victim told a news agency on phone from Delhi that he had wanted to convey this request of the family to the President at the function in the national capital yesterday where his sister was honoured with Rani Laxmi Bai Stree Shakti award, but failed to do so.
"The President has unparallelled powers and he can use them to ensure justice to my sister by seeing that the minor accused is hanged along with the other accused for the crime," the brother of the girl said.
"The minor accused is not entitled to any leniency by taking refuge in laws concerning the age factor," he said, adding, this case should be taken as an exception to send a strong message to law breakers.
The brother also criticised BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi and social activist and actor Rahul Bose for their comments on the case.
"The statement by Joshi that western thinking is responsible for the rising cases of rape is nothing but rubbish," he said.
The brother termed as "unfortunate" Bose`s calling for a chance to the rape accused to reform themselves.
The paramedical student was brutally raped and assaulted by six persons in a moving bus in New Delhi on December 16 last year and she succumbed to injuries in a Singapore hospital on December 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'