Delhi budget full of `misleading`, `false` data: BJP
New Delhi: Delhi unit of BJP today criticised the 2013-14 budget presented by the city government charging it is full of misleading and false data and old projects have been repeated.
"The budget speech of the Chief Minister is full of misleading and false data. It indicates that she has no interest left in Delhi. There was lack of advance thinking in it. Old projects, such as Burari hospital, have been repeated," Vijay Goel, Delhi BJP President, said.
He said though "no new tax has been imposed, the government has already increased water, power, sewer charges, court fee, circle rate, registry fee."
He said cash subsidy to two lakh families below poverty line was promised but provided only to 45,000.
"A claim had been made for increasing water supply. But supply could not be increased although the charges went up many times. Group Housing Societies have been served water bills demanding arrears of lakhs of rupees. RWAs have staged demonstrations against it," Goel said.
The BJP leader said the government has claimed that the per-capita income has increased five times during the last 15 years.
But in the meantime, prices have increased 40 times. The government claims that Delhi was free from load shedding but it resorts to load shedding every day, according to Goel.
"Bawana power plant has reduced its capacity to 400MW power although it had promised to produce 1500 MW. Promise of cheap houses to the poor is repetition of old data. Two lakh poor people were promised cooking gas connection but only 35,000 were given the connection. Registry of sale and purchase has not been started in unauthorised colonies.
New construction works are not being carried out," Goel claimed. If foreign retail shops were opened, then five lakh traders would be rendered unemployed, he alleged adding the poor people were now spending Rs 1,500 rupees on fuel in the kerosene-free capital but previously they used to cook their food with kerosene of Rs 150 only, he added.
Highlighting the scarcity of doctors, beds and medicine in hospitals, Goel said it has been claimed that the budget allocation on health has been increased by 30 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'