Delhi building collapse: Two dead, owner booked
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A three-storey building collapsed near Bara Hindu Rao area of north Delhi at around 7:20 am on Wednesday, killing two persons. One person has been injured.
The building, believed to be 150 years old, was in a deplorable state and the police had informed the civic agencies seeking evacuation, sources said.
Nakki, who was in his 60s, and his sons Bunty, 35 and Salman, 28, were in the building when it collapsed.
While Salman and Bunty were taken out of the debris and taken to the Bara Hindu Rao hospital, Nakki died before he could be extricated.
Bunty later died in hospital.
Nakki had a jewellery shop in the Sadar Bazar market.
Police officials added another person living in the house had gone out when it collapsed.
Delhi fire department, disaster management team and policemen have been pressed into rescue operation, said an official.
Meanwhile, a case has reportedly been filed against the owner of the building at the Bara Hindu Rao police station for negligence.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons
- Superstar Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' hits screens; fans disappointed as tickets sold out