Delhi businessman commits suicide
New Delhi: A 52-year-old debt-ridden businessman committed suicide here Thursday evening by shooting himself in the head at his residence, police said.
Raminder Singh alias Pappi, an auto financier, shot himself in east Delhi`s Geeta Colony around 5 p.m. His body has been sent for post-mortem.
"A suicide note was recovered from Singh`s possession in which he mentioned that he was unable to pay off his heavy debts which he incurred from some banks and some money lenders," said a police officer.
Singh did not blame anyone for his suicide, added the officer.
Preliminary inquiries revealed that he was under debt since two-and-half years and was unable to pay off the loans due to his weak financial condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- PM Modi gifts Iran's Supreme leader Ayatollah Khamenei reproduction of rare Quran manuscript
- Left Front to hit the streets against post-poll violence
- 45 union ministers to tour UP on Modi government's second anniversary
- Man who tried shaking hands with lion sent to jail in Hyderabad
- Congress planning to digitalise photographs, speeches of Indira Gandhi