Delhi businessman commits suicide
New Delhi: A 52-year-old debt-ridden businessman committed suicide here Thursday evening by shooting himself in the head at his residence, police said.
Raminder Singh alias Pappi, an auto financier, shot himself in east Delhi`s Geeta Colony around 5 p.m. His body has been sent for post-mortem.
"A suicide note was recovered from Singh`s possession in which he mentioned that he was unable to pay off his heavy debts which he incurred from some banks and some money lenders," said a police officer.
Singh did not blame anyone for his suicide, added the officer.
Preliminary inquiries revealed that he was under debt since two-and-half years and was unable to pay off the loans due to his weak financial condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31