Delhi businessman commits suicide
New Delhi: A 52-year-old debt-ridden businessman committed suicide here Thursday evening by shooting himself in the head at his residence, police said.
Raminder Singh alias Pappi, an auto financier, shot himself in east Delhi`s Geeta Colony around 5 p.m. His body has been sent for post-mortem.
"A suicide note was recovered from Singh`s possession in which he mentioned that he was unable to pay off his heavy debts which he incurred from some banks and some money lenders," said a police officer.
Singh did not blame anyone for his suicide, added the officer.
Preliminary inquiries revealed that he was under debt since two-and-half years and was unable to pay off the loans due to his weak financial condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- US stocks drop further; Dow, S&P 500 down 3%
- Expedite efforts for release of kidnapped Indian: PM Modi to Afghan President Ghani
- UEFA Euro 2016 title reachable, says England captain Rooney
- PCB faces criticism for sending 4 media managers for England tour
- MDSU BSTC 2016 (bstcmdsu2016.com): Check Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University college allotment list 2016