Delhi businessman murder case: Fifth accused held
New Delhi: Police on Friday claimed to have arrested the fifth accused involved in the murder-cum-dacoity case in which a 62-year-old businessman and three of his domestic staff were killed at his house in Vivek Vihar.
The accused has been identified as Balwan.
According to police, the Crime Branch has also recovered the booty which was robbed off from the businessman`s house on Monday.
"We have recovered 51 bangles, 31 necklaces, nine chains, 20 rings, four tops, four bracelets, seven nose pins, three earrings, three lockets, three saree pins, three Mangalsutra, 10 wrist watches, 83 silver coins along with the weapons used in the crime," said a police official.
Mona Duggal (22), wife of the businessman`s nephew Ajay, her maternal uncle Rajeev (25) - the mastermind of the case, brother Harjeet (22) and his friend Sanjay (34) were arrested on Tuesday in connection with the murder.
"Initially, Mona did not disclose Balwan`s name as she had sympathy towards him. According to her, Balwan, who is also her maternal uncle, is suffering from TB and he is the only one to look after his 10-year-old son. His wife had already abandoned him and registered a dowry case against him," said Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime) Ravindra Yadav.
Mona did not disclose his name as she was concerned about his old mother and the minor son, he said.
Businessman Bajrang Lal Bokadia, his driver Vinod Dubey (45), cook Bhola (30) and domestic help Anand Kumar (18) were found dead on Monday morning at his residence.
Bokadia`s hands and legs were tied to a chair, while his mouth was strapped and his throat slit. The three others were found lying on the floor with injury marks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH