Delhi businessman murder case: Fifth accused held
New Delhi: Police on Friday claimed to have arrested the fifth accused involved in the murder-cum-dacoity case in which a 62-year-old businessman and three of his domestic staff were killed at his house in Vivek Vihar.
The accused has been identified as Balwan.
According to police, the Crime Branch has also recovered the booty which was robbed off from the businessman`s house on Monday.
"We have recovered 51 bangles, 31 necklaces, nine chains, 20 rings, four tops, four bracelets, seven nose pins, three earrings, three lockets, three saree pins, three Mangalsutra, 10 wrist watches, 83 silver coins along with the weapons used in the crime," said a police official.
Mona Duggal (22), wife of the businessman`s nephew Ajay, her maternal uncle Rajeev (25) - the mastermind of the case, brother Harjeet (22) and his friend Sanjay (34) were arrested on Tuesday in connection with the murder.
"Initially, Mona did not disclose Balwan`s name as she had sympathy towards him. According to her, Balwan, who is also her maternal uncle, is suffering from TB and he is the only one to look after his 10-year-old son. His wife had already abandoned him and registered a dowry case against him," said Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime) Ravindra Yadav.
Mona did not disclose his name as she was concerned about his old mother and the minor son, he said.
Businessman Bajrang Lal Bokadia, his driver Vinod Dubey (45), cook Bhola (30) and domestic help Anand Kumar (18) were found dead on Monday morning at his residence.
Bokadia`s hands and legs were tied to a chair, while his mouth was strapped and his throat slit. The three others were found lying on the floor with injury marks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday