Delhi businessman shot at, robbed of Rs.3 lakh
New Delhi: A 35-year-old businessman was shot at and robbed of Rs.3 lakh by four unidentified attackers on bikes here Sunday evening, police said.
Shoe factory owner Parvej Yusuf was hit by a bullet in left thigh near Rampura bus stand in west Delhi`s Punjabi Bagh area around 6.15 pm, police said.
"Yusuf along with cousin Suban Khan was heading towards his house in west Delhi`s Ganeshpura area after stepping down from a bus when the robbers struck," police said.
"Two of the attackers approached Yusuf and shot him before fleeing with the bag carrying Rs.3 lakh," said Additional Commissioner of Police V Renganathan.
"Yusuf was returning from Karol Bagh after collecting the money," added the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days