Delhi businessman shot at, robbed of Rs.3 lakh
New Delhi: A 35-year-old businessman was shot at and robbed of Rs.3 lakh by four unidentified attackers on bikes here Sunday evening, police said.
Shoe factory owner Parvej Yusuf was hit by a bullet in left thigh near Rampura bus stand in west Delhi`s Punjabi Bagh area around 6.15 pm, police said.
"Yusuf along with cousin Suban Khan was heading towards his house in west Delhi`s Ganeshpura area after stepping down from a bus when the robbers struck," police said.
"Two of the attackers approached Yusuf and shot him before fleeing with the bag carrying Rs.3 lakh," said Additional Commissioner of Police V Renganathan.
"Yusuf was returning from Karol Bagh after collecting the money," added the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- 'Munich gunman planned shooting for a year, chose victims randomly'
- Unlikely sporting star Chris Froome wins third Tour de France, seals place amongst greats
- One dead, two injured in Germany machete attack: Police
- Shoulder injury forces Serena Williams out of Montreal
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Hosts lead by 489 at 3rd day close