Delhi Cabinet fails to take decision on circle rates
New Delhi: Delhi Cabinet which met Monday to discuss fixing of new circle rates for the city`s colonies failed to take any decision on the matter, but indicated that there was no question of revision of rates as recommended by Lt Governor Tejendra Khanna.
Highly placed sources said that the Cabinet is likely to meet again over the issue and take a final decision in the matter, which has become a bone of contention between Khanna and Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
The state government was not keen to accept any of the recommendations made by Khanna, they added.
Khanna has refused to approve the proposed rate and had suggested that circle rates should be increased further in top colonies whereas rates should be slashed where basic infrastructure is not up to the mark.
He had twice returned the file pertaining to it for insisting that his recommendations for revision of the rate for certain colonies should be accepted by the government.
Sources in the LG`s office said if Cabinet sticks to its earlier position and sends back the file without any changes, then Khanna has the option of referring the file to Union Home Ministry for suggestion and recommendation.
However, officials in Revenue department assert that the state government was not bound to send the file again to the Lt Governor and it has power to issue notification for implementing the Cabinet decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!