Delhi: CBI searches at premises of ACP
New Delhi: The CBI Friday carried out searches at the premises of an Assistant Commissioner of Delhi Police for allegedly amassing wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The CBI had been keeping a close watch on the activities of the ACP, at present posted with the 7th battalion of Delhi Police, following a complaint against him about indulging in alleged irregularities, official sources said.
The sleuths of the probe agency began searching his residential premises in the wee hours today.
He was earlier posted as ACP in Ambedkar Nagar and was recently transferred following the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt