Delhi: CBI searches at premises of ACP
New Delhi: The CBI Friday carried out searches at the premises of an Assistant Commissioner of Delhi Police for allegedly amassing wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The CBI had been keeping a close watch on the activities of the ACP, at present posted with the 7th battalion of Delhi Police, following a complaint against him about indulging in alleged irregularities, official sources said.
The sleuths of the probe agency began searching his residential premises in the wee hours today.
He was earlier posted as ACP in Ambedkar Nagar and was recently transferred following the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company