Delhi celebrates Holi with gaiety
New Delhi: Delhi Monday celebrated Holi with the usual enthusiasm, men and women drenching one another with colour.
Young revellers sprayed water guns and flung balloons filled with water at each other -- and strangers.
People thronged Krishna temples across the city.
"I don`t play Holi much but I do go to temple and prepare special food for family," said Nishtha Gupta, 32, of Mayur Vihar in east Delhi.
Families gave away sweets to neighbours. The most sought after delicacy was `gujiya`.
Police were on the streets in strength to check drunken driving and unruly conduct by Holi revellers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj