Delhi celebrates Holi with gaiety
New Delhi: Delhi Monday celebrated Holi with the usual enthusiasm, men and women drenching one another with colour.
Young revellers sprayed water guns and flung balloons filled with water at each other -- and strangers.
People thronged Krishna temples across the city.
"I don`t play Holi much but I do go to temple and prepare special food for family," said Nishtha Gupta, 32, of Mayur Vihar in east Delhi.
Families gave away sweets to neighbours. The most sought after delicacy was `gujiya`.
Police were on the streets in strength to check drunken driving and unruly conduct by Holi revellers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead