Delhi: Cheating case accused denied anticipatory bail
New Delhi: A private firm`s employee, wanted by police for allegedly cheating it of Rs 55 lakh in May 2011 in collusion with its two other employees, has been denied anticipatory bail by a Delhi court.
Additional Sessions Judge Suresh Chand Rajan dismissed the bail plea of Amit Kumar, the private healthcare management firm`s principal consultant, wanted by the police for alleged role in the cheating case.
"I am of the view that he is not entitled to be released on anticipatory bail," the court said.
"...The FIR as well as the documents produced by the investigating officer before me. The present applicant (Amit Kumar) is named in the FIR and he along with his other associates committed the present crime, so I am of the view that the applicant is not entitled to be released on anticipatory bail," the court added.
The counsel for Kumar had moved the sessions court for anticipatory bail saying his client was ready to join the investigation as and when required by the IO.
Kumar had sought bail after an FIR was lodged against him and his alleged accomplices on the complaint of the firm, Six Sigma Star Healthcare (SSSH).
SSSH, which claims to be a government-affiliated company working in the area of hospital and healthcare administration and medical education, had filed a complaint with Najafgarh police station in West Delhi in January this year alleging that three of its employees had collected several payments on its behalf and had stopped reporting to duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre