Delhi: Cheating case accused denied anticipatory bail
New Delhi: A private firm`s employee, wanted by police for allegedly cheating it of Rs 55 lakh in May 2011 in collusion with its two other employees, has been denied anticipatory bail by a Delhi court.
Additional Sessions Judge Suresh Chand Rajan dismissed the bail plea of Amit Kumar, the private healthcare management firm`s principal consultant, wanted by the police for alleged role in the cheating case.
"I am of the view that he is not entitled to be released on anticipatory bail," the court said.
"...The FIR as well as the documents produced by the investigating officer before me. The present applicant (Amit Kumar) is named in the FIR and he along with his other associates committed the present crime, so I am of the view that the applicant is not entitled to be released on anticipatory bail," the court added.
The counsel for Kumar had moved the sessions court for anticipatory bail saying his client was ready to join the investigation as and when required by the IO.
Kumar had sought bail after an FIR was lodged against him and his alleged accomplices on the complaint of the firm, Six Sigma Star Healthcare (SSSH).
SSSH, which claims to be a government-affiliated company working in the area of hospital and healthcare administration and medical education, had filed a complaint with Najafgarh police station in West Delhi in January this year alleging that three of its employees had collected several payments on its behalf and had stopped reporting to duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you