Delhi chemist assaulted by guards of SP leader`s relative, FIR lodged
Zee Media Bureau
Delhi: In yet another embarrassment for the Samajwadi Party, the security guards of one of its senior leader`s relative were caught on camera assaulting a local chemist for refusing to give them a cough syrup as he had run out of supplies.
Reports on Thursday said that the incident was caught on the camera installed inside the chemist shop. Those who assaulted the local chemist, Ashok Mallik, in south Delhi`s Yusuf Sarai area on September 18, are the security guards of a senior SP leader`s daugter-in-law.
According to the victim, despite his repeated requests, no FIR was registered by the Delhi Police till September 25.
The case was registered only after the visuals of the incident were aired on TV channels.
According to reports, a case has now been registered against unknown people under the charges of criminal intimidation and physical assault.
Narrating the whole incident to the reporters, the victim said, "I told the police I wanted to file an MLC and the local sub inspector directed me to the PCR, and then they were busy eating their lunch."
The PCR further directed me to the local police saying they would file my MLC," Mallik said.
It remains to be seen if Delhi Police, which claims to be with people all the time, takes action against those who were caught on camera beating up the chemist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister