Delhi chemist assaulted by guards of SP leader`s relative, FIR lodged
Zee Media Bureau
Delhi: In yet another embarrassment for the Samajwadi Party, the security guards of one of its senior leader`s relative were caught on camera assaulting a local chemist for refusing to give them a cough syrup as he had run out of supplies.
Reports on Thursday said that the incident was caught on the camera installed inside the chemist shop. Those who assaulted the local chemist, Ashok Mallik, in south Delhi`s Yusuf Sarai area on September 18, are the security guards of a senior SP leader`s daugter-in-law.
According to the victim, despite his repeated requests, no FIR was registered by the Delhi Police till September 25.
The case was registered only after the visuals of the incident were aired on TV channels.
According to reports, a case has now been registered against unknown people under the charges of criminal intimidation and physical assault.
Narrating the whole incident to the reporters, the victim said, "I told the police I wanted to file an MLC and the local sub inspector directed me to the PCR, and then they were busy eating their lunch."
The PCR further directed me to the local police saying they would file my MLC," Mallik said.
It remains to be seen if Delhi Police, which claims to be with people all the time, takes action against those who were caught on camera beating up the chemist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt