Delhi civic polls: 2,400 candidates to contest
New Delhi: The battle-lines for the upcoming
Delhi municipal polls have been drawn with 2,400 candidates
contesting for 272 wards in three civic bodies, a major chunk
of whom are Independents.
Among the parties, only BJP managed to field candidates
in all the 272 wards while Congress does not have a nominee in
one of the wards as its candidate could not file nominations
Independents account for 1,158 out of the 2,400 valid
After BJP and Congress, BSP has fielded the highest
number of 254 candidates followed by Samajwadi Party (105),
NCP (81) and LJP (68).
Kashmir-based National Conference, Orissa`s Biju Janata
Dal and Muslim League have fielded one candidate each.
CPI(M), CPI and Forward Bloc have fielded 35 candidates
together while BJP ally JD(U) has fielded 43 candidates.
Panthers Party has fielded 15 while JD(S) has 13 nominees
in the fray, besides Lalu Prasad-led RJD`s 23 and Ajit Singh-
led RLD`s 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!