Delhi civic polls: 35 transgenders will vote
New Delhi: There are only 35 transgenders
among 1.15 crore strong electorate who are eligible to vote
in the Delhi municipal elections on Sunday.
According to State Election Commission, there are a total
of 1,15,20,508 -- 64.42 lakh men and 50.75 lakh women --
"Voters in `Other` category are 35. There are 2,423
candidates in the poll fray for 272 seats," a SEC release said
The SEC has set up 11,543 polling station in 2,597
A total of 167 FIRs have been registered in poll-related
Twenty-two cases of poll-related violence were reported
in which one person was killed and 18 others were injured. A
total of 183 people were arrested during the campaign period
which ended this morning.
"The number of vehicles seized for violation of Code of
Conduct was 78 and the number of unlicenced arms were 70.
2,400 posters and 1,400 hoardings were removed while 53,060
drums and liquor bottles were seized," the statement said.
The State Election Commission has made elaborate
arrangements for tomorrow`s polling by deploying around 77,000
officials for conducting the polls and over 83,000 police
personnel for security.
While a total of 55 polling stations have been identified
as hyper-sensitive, 275 have been declared as sensitive out of
11,543 polling stations.
The counting of votes will take place at 33 locations on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29