Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal orders CAG audit of private power companies from Thursday
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: After announcing that the three major power distribution companies in the capital will be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) from Thursday, Aam Aadmi Party chief Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday stood firm on the party`s decision saying that there are enough reasons for these companies to be audited.
“I Don`t see a reason why audit of power companies shouldn`t be done,” Kejriwal said while addressing a press conference, adding that the process will begin from Thursday.
A day after Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi party government announcement that the three major power distribution companies in the capital will be audited, power distribution companies met with the Power Ministry officials and expressed their opposition against the move.
As the power companies reiterated that the matter of auditing is sub-judice, Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited CEO&ED Pravir Sinha said, “Our only concern is that matter is in court and sub judice.”
Also, the power companies sources say that the CAG doesn`t have the mandate to conduct such an audit of the companies.
While AAP maintains that this audit will help get back the unfair profits of the Delhi discoms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'