Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal to live in not so `aam` five-bedroom duplex flat
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has finally decided to move into a house in Delhi after refusing a bungalow. However, the new abode for the AAP chief is not so `aam` spanning 9,000 sq ft of ground coverage.
The two adjacent duplex flats on Bhagwan Das Road in central Delhi in which Kejriwal will be moving in will be used as his residence and the other one will be converted into a office for the CM.
The opposition is likely to jump on the chance to attack the current move by the newly elected chief minister to shift the two big houses after they attacked him for refusing to take security.
As questions were sure to come about the lavishness of the house, Kejriwal, while talking to reporters, said, "If you want, take your cameras to the flat, see for yourself and compare it with earlier CM`s house."
So far, no date has been decided for the shifting but the sources say that he will be moving in soon along with his wife, children and both parents.
Kejrwial presently resides at his Kaushambi flat in Ghaziabad with his family. The Indian Revenue Service ( IRS) flat allotted to his wife was where Kejriwal held several meetings after his swearing-in ceremony.
He had earlier refused Delhi Chief Secretary DM Sapolia proposal for a bungalow, and later also refused to take any security and escort or PSO.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert