Delhi CM asks Cong MLAs to highlight `good work` of govt
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Wednesday asked Congress MLAs to speed up development works in their respective areas and highlight the "good work" done by the government among the people of the city.
At a Congress Legislature Party meeting, Dikshit also directed all her ministerial colleagues to regularly interact with the party MLAs to ensure effective implementation of various welfare schemes.
She asked the MLAs to "forcefully disseminate" the achievements of her government and reach out to the masses to apprise them of "our efforts in making Delhi a world-class city".
A number of MLAs complained to Dikshit that several projects got delayed due to non-release of funds by concerned agencies. Dikshit assured them that the issue will be looked into seriously.
CLP spokesperson Mukesh Sharma, while talking to media, said the meeting passed a number of resolutions unanimously.
A resolution passed by the CLP welcomed the decision of the government to regularise 895 unauthorised colonies and grant of ownership rights in rehabilitation colonies.
The members also expressed their gratitude for taking up developmental works in the colonies and to permit utilisation of MLA Local Area Development Fund for carrying out development works in unauthorised colonies.
In another resolution, the CLP condemned three civic bodies, being ruled by BJP, for "failing" to ensure proper cleanliness and sanitation.
The members also blamed the civic bodies for breeding of mosquitoes in the city and said it may lead to surge in cases of dengue and malaria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video