Delhi CM asks Cong MLAs to highlight `good work` of govt
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Wednesday asked Congress MLAs to speed up development works in their respective areas and highlight the "good work" done by the government among the people of the city.
At a Congress Legislature Party meeting, Dikshit also directed all her ministerial colleagues to regularly interact with the party MLAs to ensure effective implementation of various welfare schemes.
She asked the MLAs to "forcefully disseminate" the achievements of her government and reach out to the masses to apprise them of "our efforts in making Delhi a world-class city".
A number of MLAs complained to Dikshit that several projects got delayed due to non-release of funds by concerned agencies. Dikshit assured them that the issue will be looked into seriously.
CLP spokesperson Mukesh Sharma, while talking to media, said the meeting passed a number of resolutions unanimously.
A resolution passed by the CLP welcomed the decision of the government to regularise 895 unauthorised colonies and grant of ownership rights in rehabilitation colonies.
The members also expressed their gratitude for taking up developmental works in the colonies and to permit utilisation of MLA Local Area Development Fund for carrying out development works in unauthorised colonies.
In another resolution, the CLP condemned three civic bodies, being ruled by BJP, for "failing" to ensure proper cleanliness and sanitation.
The members also blamed the civic bodies for breeding of mosquitoes in the city and said it may lead to surge in cases of dengue and malaria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test