Delhi CM asks PWD to expedite work on road infrastructure
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit
on Tuesday directed PWD to expedite work on all its road
infrastructure projects linked to the Commonwealth Games so
that they could be completed well ahead of the sporting event
to be held in October.
She also asked the PWD to expedite street-scapping and
road signages projects as soon as possible and ensure a better
look for the national capital.
Dikshit issued the direction at a meeting called to
review all the projects being implemented by the agency.
Officials from the agency told Dikshit that construction
of 14 flyovers have already been completed whereas work on 10
flyover is in progress.
"Out of the 10 flyovers, two will be completed in June,
five in July and another three in September," they said.
The officials said the PWD has taken up a comprehensive
project to beautify all the flyovers.
They said 10 flyovers will be landscaped taking
designs from consultant whereas landscaping for another 29 is
being designed by in-house architects of PWD.
The work on these projects has already been started.
The Chief Minister has also directed the PWD to complete
construction of the elevated Barapullah Road and the flyover
on NH-24 bypass near Gazipur well ahead of commencement of the
The officials told the meeting that the agency has
already completed construction of 31 foot overbridges and
work on 26 other such bridges is in progress.
Dikshit asked the PWD to complete street-scapping work
The PWD has also undertaken road signage work on a total
length of 410km with an aim to provide uniform signages
throughout the city.
As far as street-lighting is concerned, out of total
road length of 471km road, 460 km has already been covered.
The project will cost the government Rs 197 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark