Delhi CM asks PWD to expedite work on road infrastructure
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit
on Tuesday directed PWD to expedite work on all its road
infrastructure projects linked to the Commonwealth Games so
that they could be completed well ahead of the sporting event
to be held in October.
She also asked the PWD to expedite street-scapping and
road signages projects as soon as possible and ensure a better
look for the national capital.
Dikshit issued the direction at a meeting called to
review all the projects being implemented by the agency.
Officials from the agency told Dikshit that construction
of 14 flyovers have already been completed whereas work on 10
flyover is in progress.
"Out of the 10 flyovers, two will be completed in June,
five in July and another three in September," they said.
The officials said the PWD has taken up a comprehensive
project to beautify all the flyovers.
They said 10 flyovers will be landscaped taking
designs from consultant whereas landscaping for another 29 is
being designed by in-house architects of PWD.
The work on these projects has already been started.
The Chief Minister has also directed the PWD to complete
construction of the elevated Barapullah Road and the flyover
on NH-24 bypass near Gazipur well ahead of commencement of the
The officials told the meeting that the agency has
already completed construction of 31 foot overbridges and
work on 26 other such bridges is in progress.
Dikshit asked the PWD to complete street-scapping work
The PWD has also undertaken road signage work on a total
length of 410km with an aim to provide uniform signages
throughout the city.
As far as street-lighting is concerned, out of total
road length of 471km road, 460 km has already been covered.
The project will cost the government Rs 197 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand