Delhi CM denies Kejriwal`s charges, terms them `utter lie`
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Friday outright rejected Aam Aadmi Party chief Arvind Kejriwal`s allegations of her being in collusion with power discoms to not lower power tarrif in the capital, terming them an "utter lie".
"Their allegations are baseless and completely false .... this is an utter lie. NDPL and DERC have denied it. The matter is sub judice," Dikshit told a news agency.
"Kejriwal said that I blocked the CAG (Comptroller and Auditor General) audit of power companies accounts. We have already filed an affidavit for getting CAG audit on power companies," she said.
Kejriwal on Friday accused the Delhi government of conniving with power distribution companies and not lowering electricity tariff in the national capital.
In a press conference here, he alleged that Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC) chairman PD Sudhakar was acting as an agent of electricity companies.
He also claimed that when former DERC chairman Brijendra Singh tried to reduce tariff, electricity companies "went running" to the Delhi government in 2010.
"Sheila Dikshit ordered that the power tariff should not be lowered," he alleged, adding that the power tariff should have been half of what it is presently, and that power firms earned profits amounting to Rs 3,577 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India