Delhi CM Dikshit meets Sonia Gandhi
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit
on Wednesday met Congress chief Sonia Gandhi during which she is
believed to have deliberated on the party`s preparations for
the upcoming municipal polls.
However, sources described the meeting as a "courtesy
The municipal polls are slated for early April next year
and Dikshit has already asked all her ministerial colleagues
and MLAs to focus on preparations for the polls.
Another source indicated that the issue might have
figured in the meeting.
As part of preparations for the MCD polls, Dikshit has
been strongly pushing for the splitting of the civic body into
The Delhi Cabinet in June had approved a bill for
division of the civic agency into three smaller bodies. The
bill along with a proposal for trifurcation of the MCD was
later sent to the Home Ministry for clearance.
Sources said Home Ministry is likely to give its approval
for the trifurcation within a week.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed