Delhi CM Dikshit meets Sonia Gandhi
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit
on Wednesday met Congress chief Sonia Gandhi during which she is
believed to have deliberated on the party`s preparations for
the upcoming municipal polls.
However, sources described the meeting as a "courtesy
The municipal polls are slated for early April next year
and Dikshit has already asked all her ministerial colleagues
and MLAs to focus on preparations for the polls.
Another source indicated that the issue might have
figured in the meeting.
As part of preparations for the MCD polls, Dikshit has
been strongly pushing for the splitting of the civic body into
The Delhi Cabinet in June had approved a bill for
division of the civic agency into three smaller bodies. The
bill along with a proposal for trifurcation of the MCD was
later sent to the Home Ministry for clearance.
Sources said Home Ministry is likely to give its approval
for the trifurcation within a week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information