Delhi CM flags off `Red Ribbon Van` on World AIDS Day
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit flagged off a mobile `Red Ribbon Van` here to create
an awareness about the disease on the occasion of World AIDS
The van, carrying HIV/AIDS prevention messages, will
travel across the city to mobilise mass awareness about HIV
and AIDS. The van has also HIV testing facilities.
On the occasion, an integrated campaign "Delhi Bole AIDS
Nahin" which seeks to increase awareness among the people
living in `juggi-jhopari` clusters in different parts of the
Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister said the
"best cure to treat the disease is to have knowledge and
awareness about it".
She said a mass campaign to create awareness among the
people about the disease will be launched through radio,
television and outdoor publicity soon.
Health Minister Kiran Walia said 94 integrated
counselling and diagnostic centres are operational in Delhi to
offer free treatment to AIDS-affected people.
Project director of Delhi AIDS Control Society Faizi O
Hashmi said the number of the HIV/AIDS cases in Delhi is 0.2
per cent against the national average of 0.36 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal