Delhi CM flags off `Red Ribbon Van` on World AIDS Day
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit flagged off a mobile `Red Ribbon Van` here to create
an awareness about the disease on the occasion of World AIDS
The van, carrying HIV/AIDS prevention messages, will
travel across the city to mobilise mass awareness about HIV
and AIDS. The van has also HIV testing facilities.
On the occasion, an integrated campaign "Delhi Bole AIDS
Nahin" which seeks to increase awareness among the people
living in `juggi-jhopari` clusters in different parts of the
Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister said the
"best cure to treat the disease is to have knowledge and
awareness about it".
She said a mass campaign to create awareness among the
people about the disease will be launched through radio,
television and outdoor publicity soon.
Health Minister Kiran Walia said 94 integrated
counselling and diagnostic centres are operational in Delhi to
offer free treatment to AIDS-affected people.
Project director of Delhi AIDS Control Society Faizi O
Hashmi said the number of the HIV/AIDS cases in Delhi is 0.2
per cent against the national average of 0.36 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?