Delhi CM for greater role for home guards in security scenario
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Monday asked Delhi Home Guards to play a greater role in the overall security scenario and sought enhanced training for them to meet growing challenges.
Complimenting the force for its role during the CWG,
she said city government was considering enhancing the minimum
wages of the personnel.
Addressing the 64th Raising Day celebration of Home
Guards and Civil Defence, she said the force played an
important role during Commonwealth Games along with police and
other security agencies to ensure discipline and fool proof
In order to prepare for the ever increasing challenges
of the complex security scenario, several training programmes
such as community policing, traffic management and disaster
management related training programmes have been conducted by
the Central Training Institute of the force, she added.
Dikshit said Home Guards on many occasions work under
a lot of strain and in adverse circumstances and it was
necessary that they were suitably trained and well equipped to
deal with all demanding situations.
She also distributed President`s Medal to brave Home
Chief Secretary Rakesh Mehta, Principal Secretary
(Home) G S Patnaik and Director General of Home Guards & Civil
Defence A S Khan were also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues