Delhi CM inaugurates Cluster 2 route of orange buses
New Delhi: In what can be said as a major boost to public transport in nation capital, the orange cluster buses added a feather in its cap when Chief Minister of Delhi, Sheila Dikshit flagged of the much awaited route cluster – number 2 on Friday.
The inauguration ceremony took place at Delhi Secretariat in the presence of Minister of Transport, GNCTD, Ramakant Goswami, taking the number of orange buses on Delhi routes to 316. Now, more people will be able to avail the clean, safe and reliable bus service provided by the orange coloured Delhi Transit buses.
Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System (DIMTS) will monitor the operation of the buses under this cluster on behalf of Government of Delhi. The government’s concessionaire for cluster 2 is Indraprastha Logistics Private Limited which provides the fleet and drivers.
Operation of cluster 2 has rolled out with route nos. 405 and 405A with eight buses in each route.
Route of route number 405: Badarpur Border to Mori Gate via Ashram, Hazrat Nizamuddin, Zoo, Pragati Maidan Metro Station, ITO, Delhi Gate, Jama Maszid and Red Fort.
Route of route no. 405A: Badarpur Border to Old Delhi Railway Station via Ashram, Hazrat Nizamuddin, Zoo, Pragati Maidan Metro Station, ITO, Delhi Gate, Jama Maszid and Red Fort.
The buses on these routes will also provide connectivity with the following metro stations: Badarpur, Tughlakabad, Mohan Estate, Sarita Vihar, Jasola-Apolo, Pragati Maidan, Chandini Chowk and Kashmiri Gate.
Talking about the future plan for the operation of this cluster, DIMTS spokesperson said, “Operation on these two routes will be followed with roll-out of route number 460 (Badarpur Border to Minto Road Terminal adjacent to New Delhi Railway Station Gate-II) with 20 buses next month. By the end of December all 232 buses under cluster 2 will be operational.”
The Delhi Transit buses under cluster 2 are semi-low floor and equipped with GPS, internal audio-visual announcement of approaching bus stops and electronic ticketing machines. Like in all Delhi Transit buses, the route and destination of each bus will be displayed externally on three electronic boards on the front, rear and on the left hand side of the bus respectively.
All Delhi Transit buses under cluster 2 will be parked at Kushaknala Depot. The depot has a capacity for 232 buses. Located near the Sewa Nagar Railway Station, this depot is being constructed in phases. DIMTS is the project management consultant for the development of this depot.
In addition to ensuring good bus service to the public, DIMTS has also put up a feedback form on its website through which it encourages road-users and passengers to give feedback on various service-quality parameters. Every bus has a complaint book on board where passengers can record complaints, if any.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!