Delhi CM meets Chidambaram to discuss transfer of IAS officials
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit
on Tuesday met Union Home Minister P Chidambaram to seek a review
of the Centre`s decision to transfer several top IAS officials
of her government.
After the meeting, Dikshit said the issue has been
"sorted out". However, she refused to answer whether the
transfers will be revoked by the Home Ministry.
Sources in the Delhi government said the Home Minister
indicated to Dikshit that transfer of officials who have not
completed four years` tenure will be reviewed.
Dikshit is also believed to have conveyed her protest
to Chidambaram for not consulting the Delhi Government before
transferring the officials.
The Chief Minister earlier had written a letter to
Chidambaram demanding a review of the decision on the ground
that their transfer would seriously affect the budget-making
The Centre had on Friday last transferred five top
officials including Principal Secretary (PWD) K K Sharma,
Delhi Jal Board CEO Ramesh Negi, Commissioner of Trade and
Taxes Jalaj Srivastava, Transport Commissioner R K Verma and
Industries Commissioner Chetan Sanghi out of Delhi.
The Chief Minister is scheduled to meet Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh later in the day.
Dikshit had yesterday said the city government was
facing a shortage of officials and the situation will be more
serious when a large number of officials will retire in the
next three-four months.
A senior official in the Chief Minister`s office said
Dikshit was unhappy as the Home Ministry did not consult her
before transferring the officials.
The transfer of Sharma comes at a time when the Prime
Minister-appointed Shunglu committee, CVC and CAG are probing
various alleged irregularities by the PWD into the CWG
While Verma has been transferred to Goa, Negi has been
posted to north-eastern state of Arunachal Pradesh.
Sharma has been appointed as Adviser to Lt Governor of
Chandigarh, while Shrivastava has been moved to Andaman and
Three IAS officials -- Nutan Guha Biswas, Satya Gopal
and Ved Prakash --- have been brought to Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Massive relief for Central government employees; 7th Pay Commission notification issued
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many Christians, Hindus to Islam?
- REVEALED: How Virat Kohli motivated team on the field - Here's what stump mic picked up
- Katrina Kaif in her little 'Twilight' zone with Robert Pattinson! Pic inside
- Chinese demolitions at Buddhist institute draw fire