Delhi CM meets Shinde after alleged suicide by gang-rape accused
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Monday met Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde in the wake of the alleged suicide by a December 16 gang-rape case accused and said a magisterial inquiry has been ordered into the incident.
The issue figured in the meeting during which the Chief Minister also discussed the law and order situation in the capital.
"A magisterial inquiry has already been ordered. Till the report comes, it will be difficult to comment on the issue. Let the autopsy report come, things will be clear," Dikshit told reporters after the meeting here.
She said she did not come to meet Shinde because of today`s incident. "It was a routine meeting. I keep coming here," she said.
Sources said Dikshit took up the issue of policing in the capital.
The Chief Minister is understood to expressed concern about the increasing cases of crime against women despite steps being taken after the gang-rape incident.
She also wanted setting up of a help desk for women and deployment of more woman personnel in the police stations, the sources said.
Gang-rape accused Ram Singh, 33, allegedly hanged himself in high-security Tihar Jail this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH