Delhi CM meets Shinde after alleged suicide by gang-rape accused
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Monday met Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde in the wake of the alleged suicide by a December 16 gang-rape case accused and said a magisterial inquiry has been ordered into the incident.
The issue figured in the meeting during which the Chief Minister also discussed the law and order situation in the capital.
"A magisterial inquiry has already been ordered. Till the report comes, it will be difficult to comment on the issue. Let the autopsy report come, things will be clear," Dikshit told reporters after the meeting here.
She said she did not come to meet Shinde because of today`s incident. "It was a routine meeting. I keep coming here," she said.
Sources said Dikshit took up the issue of policing in the capital.
The Chief Minister is understood to expressed concern about the increasing cases of crime against women despite steps being taken after the gang-rape incident.
She also wanted setting up of a help desk for women and deployment of more woman personnel in the police stations, the sources said.
Gang-rape accused Ram Singh, 33, allegedly hanged himself in high-security Tihar Jail this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city