Delhi CM questions private companies on power cuts
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Sunday questioned officials of private power distribution companies over the prolonged power cuts in many parts of the capital, an officer said.
"The power customers across the capital, including west Delhi, have been experiencing a difficult time due to long power cuts despite the availability of 500 to 800 MW surplus power," the officer said quoting Dikshit`s remarks at a meeting with chief executive officers of BSES Rajdhani Power Limited and BSES Yamuna Power Limited.
She said the problem probably had been created because of lack of coordination and swift monitoring and callousness of the distribution companies and the Delhi Transco Limited, the officer said.
She warned officials to improve fast or face action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- From Shahid Kapoor to Tommy Singh: Check out the eye-popping transformation for 'Udta Punjab' – Watch
- Finance Ministry defends lower interest rate on EPF, cites lack of funds
- Rahul Gandhi and Buddhadeb Bhattacharya are doing ILU ILU in WB: Amit Shah
- UP Police computer operator exam 2016: Admit card available at uppbpb.gov.in - Check dates
- Won't be giving any more statements to media: Kangana Ranaut