Delhi CM questions private companies on power cuts
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Sunday questioned officials of private power distribution companies over the prolonged power cuts in many parts of the capital, an officer said.
"The power customers across the capital, including west Delhi, have been experiencing a difficult time due to long power cuts despite the availability of 500 to 800 MW surplus power," the officer said quoting Dikshit`s remarks at a meeting with chief executive officers of BSES Rajdhani Power Limited and BSES Yamuna Power Limited.
She said the problem probably had been created because of lack of coordination and swift monitoring and callousness of the distribution companies and the Delhi Transco Limited, the officer said.
She warned officials to improve fast or face action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?