Delhi CM requests Home Minister not to transfer her officials
New Delhi: With assembly polls just months away, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Monday requested Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde not to effect any unilateral transfer of senior officials of her government by his Ministry as it may hamper implementation of a number of key schemes.
In a meeting with Shinde, Dikshit also urged him to fill the vacant posts at senior level at the earliest.
"I have requested the Home Minister not to further transfer any Delhi Government officers and make appointment in the vacant posts," she said after the meeting.
The Chief Minister had criticised the Home Ministry in May last year when it had issued transfer orders for 25 DANICS (Delhi, Andaman Nicobar Island Civil Services) officials.
She had lodged protest with then Home Minister P Chidambaram and even sought the Prime Minister`s intervention in the matter.
Dikshit had taken a stand that senior officials of Delhi Government should not be transferred without consulting it.
The Home Ministry controls the Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Mizoram and Union Territories (AGMUT) cadre officers.
Dikshit had even issued instructions not to release the 25 officials until equal number of replacements were provided by the Union Home Ministry.
The home ministry had later issued show cause notices to the DANICS officials to explain why they did not comply with the transfer order.
Later, some of the officials were released by the Delhi Government.
Sources said Dikshit has taken up the issue as she would not like the Ministry to transfer any senior officials implementing various key projects and schemes in an election year.
Assembly polls are due in Delhi in November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands