Delhi CM requests Home Minister not to transfer her officials
New Delhi: With assembly polls just months away, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Monday requested Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde not to effect any unilateral transfer of senior officials of her government by his Ministry as it may hamper implementation of a number of key schemes.
In a meeting with Shinde, Dikshit also urged him to fill the vacant posts at senior level at the earliest.
"I have requested the Home Minister not to further transfer any Delhi Government officers and make appointment in the vacant posts," she said after the meeting.
The Chief Minister had criticised the Home Ministry in May last year when it had issued transfer orders for 25 DANICS (Delhi, Andaman Nicobar Island Civil Services) officials.
She had lodged protest with then Home Minister P Chidambaram and even sought the Prime Minister`s intervention in the matter.
Dikshit had taken a stand that senior officials of Delhi Government should not be transferred without consulting it.
The Home Ministry controls the Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Mizoram and Union Territories (AGMUT) cadre officers.
Dikshit had even issued instructions not to release the 25 officials until equal number of replacements were provided by the Union Home Ministry.
The home ministry had later issued show cause notices to the DANICS officials to explain why they did not comply with the transfer order.
Later, some of the officials were released by the Delhi Government.
Sources said Dikshit has taken up the issue as she would not like the Ministry to transfer any senior officials implementing various key projects and schemes in an election year.
Assembly polls are due in Delhi in November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow