Delhi CM reviews law & order situation
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit Wednesday reviewed the law and order situation in a south Delhi locality where the opening of a religious structure`s
gate had triggered tension.
Dikshit held a meeting with City Police Commissioner B K
Gupta at the Delhi Secretariat this morning to assess the latest situation at Jor Bagh, where a section of the locals had clashed with police on Sunday.
Another group of locals held a protest on Monday blocking
traffic the whole day demanding immediate closing of the gate
which was opened on Sunday during a religious function.
The Chief Minister instructed Gupta and Chief Secretary P
K Tripathy, who also attended the meeting to ensure peace and
take all possible measures to maintain law and order.
She also asked the Police Commissioner to keep a close
eye on the developments so that no untoward incident,
threatening peace and harmony, takes place.
The plot on which the religious structure is located is
disputed and a court case is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'