Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit presents Rs 27,000 cr budget
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit on Tuesday presented a budget of Rs 27,067 crore for this
year with a plan outlay of Rs 13,600 crore and a non-plan
expenditure of Rs 13,307.
The first Delhi CM to present the budget, Dikshit
earmarked Rs 160 crore for centrally-sponsored projects.
The Chief Minister announced a total of 14,000 new
staff in schools and enhanced scholarships for students. A
total of 27 lakh school-going children would be covered under
`Universal Free Health Scheme` for which a corpus of Rs 100
crore has been set up.
The MLA fund has been increased from Rs two crore to
Rs 2.5 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter