Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit presents Rs 27,000 cr budget
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit on Tuesday presented a budget of Rs 27,067 crore for this
year with a plan outlay of Rs 13,600 crore and a non-plan
expenditure of Rs 13,307.
The first Delhi CM to present the budget, Dikshit
earmarked Rs 160 crore for centrally-sponsored projects.
The Chief Minister announced a total of 14,000 new
staff in schools and enhanced scholarships for students. A
total of 27 lakh school-going children would be covered under
`Universal Free Health Scheme` for which a corpus of Rs 100
crore has been set up.
The MLA fund has been increased from Rs two crore to
Rs 2.5 crore.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- World Immunisation Week: Narendra Modi government proactive, Mission Indradhanush good initiative - Praises from Gavi CEO
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, Amrita Arora's boxing session will give you fitness goals! – See pictures
- Sourav Ganguly bats for Salman Khan, says actor will bring in visibility to Rio Olympics as Indian contingent's Goodwill Ambassador
- Economy may expand by 7.8% in 2017-18: UN report
- Supreme Court approves single common entrance test for medical courses; NEET to be conducted in two phases