Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit presents Rs 27,000 cr budget
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit on Tuesday presented a budget of Rs 27,067 crore for this
year with a plan outlay of Rs 13,600 crore and a non-plan
expenditure of Rs 13,307.
The first Delhi CM to present the budget, Dikshit
earmarked Rs 160 crore for centrally-sponsored projects.
The Chief Minister announced a total of 14,000 new
staff in schools and enhanced scholarships for students. A
total of 27 lakh school-going children would be covered under
`Universal Free Health Scheme` for which a corpus of Rs 100
crore has been set up.
The MLA fund has been increased from Rs two crore to
Rs 2.5 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?