Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit presents Rs 27,000 cr budget
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit on Tuesday presented a budget of Rs 27,067 crore for this
year with a plan outlay of Rs 13,600 crore and a non-plan
expenditure of Rs 13,307.
The first Delhi CM to present the budget, Dikshit
earmarked Rs 160 crore for centrally-sponsored projects.
The Chief Minister announced a total of 14,000 new
staff in schools and enhanced scholarships for students. A
total of 27 lakh school-going children would be covered under
`Universal Free Health Scheme` for which a corpus of Rs 100
crore has been set up.
The MLA fund has been increased from Rs two crore to
Rs 2.5 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital