Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit presents Rs 27,000 cr budget
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit on Tuesday presented a budget of Rs 27,067 crore for this
year with a plan outlay of Rs 13,600 crore and a non-plan
expenditure of Rs 13,307.
The first Delhi CM to present the budget, Dikshit
earmarked Rs 160 crore for centrally-sponsored projects.
The Chief Minister announced a total of 14,000 new
staff in schools and enhanced scholarships for students. A
total of 27 lakh school-going children would be covered under
`Universal Free Health Scheme` for which a corpus of Rs 100
crore has been set up.
The MLA fund has been increased from Rs two crore to
Rs 2.5 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...