Delhi CM to brief Congress MLAs on CAG
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has
called a meeting of Congress Legislature Party on August 27,
two days before the monsoon session of Delhi Assembly begins,
where she will apprise the MLAs about the government`s stand
on the CAG report on Commonwealth Games.
In the CLP, Dikshit is expected to inform the MLAs about
the government defence on the CAG findings besides finalising
strategy to counter the opposition, which is set to raise the
issue forcefully in the Assembly.
Earlier, Dikshit had planned to call a meeting of the CLP
on Friday to brief the MLAs about the government`s position on
the CAG report.
However, with the central leadership of Congress solidly
backing her in the face of mounting attack on her by BJP
following the CAG indictment, Dikshit is understood to have
taken a "wait and watch" policy and decided to refrain from
talking about the report for now.
The monsoon session of the Assembly will be held from
August 29 to September 5.
The CAG report, which was tabled in Parliament on Friday,
has severely indicted Dikshit for irregularities in certain
CWG projects implemented by her government following which BJP
has mounted pressure on her to step down.
Meanwhile, all the departments of the government, whose
name figured in the CAG report, were told to file their
detailed "explanations" at the earliest so that they could be
compiled for presentation before the Public Accounts Committee
Sources said specific instructions were issued to PWD to
file a comprehensive report on the "procedural lapses" as
pointed out by CAG in certain projects implemented by the
The Delhi government has been aggressively defending the
Chief Minister and ruling out her resignation and instead
charged the BJP with trying to take "political mileage" from
the auditor`s report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state