Delhi CM to reshuffle Cabinet today
New Delhi: In the first such exercise in her third term, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit will reshuffle her Cabinet on Wednesday by dropping a minister and changing the portfolios of others.
Highly placed sources said Social Welfare Minister Mangat Ram Singhal will be dropped while MLA Ramakant Goswami, a Dikshit loyalist, will be inducted into the Cabinet. The swearing-in ceremony will be held at 12.00 noon on Wednesday at the Raj Bhawan.
The reshuffle comes as Dikshit completes her almost two years in office in her third consecutive term.
Sources said the portfolios of all the remaining five ministers will be changed. The size of the Cabinet in Delhi cannot exceed seven as per the law.
The Chief Minister yesterday held a series of meetings to finalise the revamp exercise.
Minister Raj Kumar Chauhan is likely to lose his PWD as well as Revenue portfolios, sources said.
Revenue department may go to AK Walia who is currently holding Finance portfolio, they said.
They also indicated that the Education department is likely to go to somebody else from Arvinder Singh Lovely.
Kiran Walia, who is also holding charge of Woman and Child Welfare, may lose Health department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah