Delhi CM to reshuffle Cabinet today
New Delhi: In the first such exercise in her third term, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit will reshuffle her Cabinet on Wednesday by dropping a minister and changing the portfolios of others.
Highly placed sources said Social Welfare Minister Mangat Ram Singhal will be dropped while MLA Ramakant Goswami, a Dikshit loyalist, will be inducted into the Cabinet. The swearing-in ceremony will be held at 12.00 noon on Wednesday at the Raj Bhawan.
The reshuffle comes as Dikshit completes her almost two years in office in her third consecutive term.
Sources said the portfolios of all the remaining five ministers will be changed. The size of the Cabinet in Delhi cannot exceed seven as per the law.
The Chief Minister yesterday held a series of meetings to finalise the revamp exercise.
Minister Raj Kumar Chauhan is likely to lose his PWD as well as Revenue portfolios, sources said.
Revenue department may go to AK Walia who is currently holding Finance portfolio, they said.
They also indicated that the Education department is likely to go to somebody else from Arvinder Singh Lovely.
Kiran Walia, who is also holding charge of Woman and Child Welfare, may lose Health department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre