Delhi Cong left red faced over event in North-West Delhi
New Delhi: The Delhi Congress unit was on Monday left red faced after a event by a local leader in North West Delhi saw women allegedly performing indecent dances on stage with some of the workers joining them and showering money.
In a bid to attract people from Poorvanchal, Neeraj Kumar Jha, a Congress ticket aspirant, had organised the workers` meet in Kirari yesterday to attract Poorvanchali voters ahead of Assembly elections slated for November.
Women dancers were seen on the stage along with some of the Congress leaders, who showered money on them.
Delhi BJP Chief Vijay Goel condemned the incident while the Congress distanced itself, saying Jha was not even an office bearer.
Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee President J P Agarwal expressed his ignorance about the function and said, "He (Jha) was not even an office bearer of the party."
Agarwal said he had no idea whether Jha was a councillor or had even contested any election on party ticket.
"If somebody has done such an act, then he should be punished. Delhi has a population of over one crore, it is impossible to keep their track. How can I be held responsible for his act?" Agarwal said.
Congress sources said Neeraj Kumar Jha has been lobbying hard to get a ticket from Kirari assembly constituency which is currently represented by BJP`s Anil Jha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why