Delhi Cong left red faced over event in North-West Delhi
New Delhi: The Delhi Congress unit was on Monday left red faced after a event by a local leader in North West Delhi saw women allegedly performing indecent dances on stage with some of the workers joining them and showering money.
In a bid to attract people from Poorvanchal, Neeraj Kumar Jha, a Congress ticket aspirant, had organised the workers` meet in Kirari yesterday to attract Poorvanchali voters ahead of Assembly elections slated for November.
Women dancers were seen on the stage along with some of the Congress leaders, who showered money on them.
Delhi BJP Chief Vijay Goel condemned the incident while the Congress distanced itself, saying Jha was not even an office bearer.
Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee President J P Agarwal expressed his ignorance about the function and said, "He (Jha) was not even an office bearer of the party."
Agarwal said he had no idea whether Jha was a councillor or had even contested any election on party ticket.
"If somebody has done such an act, then he should be punished. Delhi has a population of over one crore, it is impossible to keep their track. How can I be held responsible for his act?" Agarwal said.
Congress sources said Neeraj Kumar Jha has been lobbying hard to get a ticket from Kirari assembly constituency which is currently represented by BJP`s Anil Jha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday