Delhi Cong threatens to launch strike if hike in power tariff
New Delhi: Delhi Congress on Thursday said they will launch a series of agitations across the city if DERC allows power distribution companies to increase power tariff.
A delegation of Congress leaders, led by DPCC president Arvinder Singh Lovely, also met Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC) chairman and apprised him of party`s stand on power tariff hike.
"Party has decided to not only start an agitation against the power distribution companies but also to gherao the DERC if the power companies are allowed to hike the power tariff," Arvinder Singh Lovely, president of Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee (DPCC) told reporters here.
Congress leader Mukesh Sharma said party members in the meeting with DERC chairman also demanded that heavy power cuts being effected in the capital should immediately be stopped.
"DERC was also informed that power companies were refusing to comply with the audit by the CAG, despite Government`s order," Sharma said.
"Power companies have not yet prepared any action plan to tackle the power situation in the coming months," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof