Delhi Congress chief JP Aggarwal resigns
New Delhi: Congress` Delhi unit chief JP Aggarwal has resigned from his post following the party`s rout in the assembly elections, party sources said Sunday.
The move comes after the newly-elected Congress legislators accused Aggarwal of non-cooperation in the elections.
The Congress tally in the assembly came down to eight this year from 43 in 2008.
Former chief minister Sheila Dikshit had also said she did not receive support from the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees