Delhi Congress chief JP Aggarwal resigns
New Delhi: Congress` Delhi unit chief JP Aggarwal has resigned from his post following the party`s rout in the assembly elections, party sources said Sunday.
The move comes after the newly-elected Congress legislators accused Aggarwal of non-cooperation in the elections.
The Congress tally in the assembly came down to eight this year from 43 in 2008.
Former chief minister Sheila Dikshit had also said she did not receive support from the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'