Delhi Congress chief JP Aggarwal resigns
New Delhi: Congress` Delhi unit chief JP Aggarwal has resigned from his post following the party`s rout in the assembly elections, party sources said Sunday.
The move comes after the newly-elected Congress legislators accused Aggarwal of non-cooperation in the elections.
The Congress tally in the assembly came down to eight this year from 43 in 2008.
Former chief minister Sheila Dikshit had also said she did not receive support from the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?