Delhi Congress chief JP Aggarwal resigns
New Delhi: Congress` Delhi unit chief JP Aggarwal has resigned from his post following the party`s rout in the assembly elections, party sources said Sunday.
The move comes after the newly-elected Congress legislators accused Aggarwal of non-cooperation in the elections.
The Congress tally in the assembly came down to eight this year from 43 in 2008.
Former chief minister Sheila Dikshit had also said she did not receive support from the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September