Delhi Congress continues protest over power, water crisis
New Delhi: The Congress on Friday continued to protest against power outages and water scarcity in Delhi and staged a demonstration here outside the BJP office.
Congress workers broke empty earthen pots and raised slogans against the frequent power outages and water scarcity, demanding expeditious relief for residents.
The Congress has been agitating in different parts of the city against the inconsistent power and water supply for the last few days. It staged a protest Thursday in south Delhi`s Khanpur area.
On Wednesday, Congress legislator Jai Kishan along with some residents held a protest in north Delhi`s Sultanpuri area.
The city`s power supply was affected following a severe storm May 30 which caused many lines of the Northern Grid to snap or trip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH