Delhi Congress continues protest over power, water crisis
New Delhi: The Congress on Friday continued to protest against power outages and water scarcity in Delhi and staged a demonstration here outside the BJP office.
Congress workers broke empty earthen pots and raised slogans against the frequent power outages and water scarcity, demanding expeditious relief for residents.
The Congress has been agitating in different parts of the city against the inconsistent power and water supply for the last few days. It staged a protest Thursday in south Delhi`s Khanpur area.
On Wednesday, Congress legislator Jai Kishan along with some residents held a protest in north Delhi`s Sultanpuri area.
The city`s power supply was affected following a severe storm May 30 which caused many lines of the Northern Grid to snap or trip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan