Delhi Congress continues protest over power, water crisis
New Delhi: The Congress on Friday continued to protest against power outages and water scarcity in Delhi and staged a demonstration here outside the BJP office.
Congress workers broke empty earthen pots and raised slogans against the frequent power outages and water scarcity, demanding expeditious relief for residents.
The Congress has been agitating in different parts of the city against the inconsistent power and water supply for the last few days. It staged a protest Thursday in south Delhi`s Khanpur area.
On Wednesday, Congress legislator Jai Kishan along with some residents held a protest in north Delhi`s Sultanpuri area.
The city`s power supply was affected following a severe storm May 30 which caused many lines of the Northern Grid to snap or trip.
- Death toll from collapsed building in Kenya rises to 22
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory