Delhi Congress reviews assembly poll preparation
New Delhi: Delhi Congress on Monday reviewed preparation for the assembly polls slated for November in which party will seek to retain power for an unprecedented fourth consecutive term.
At the first meeting of the newly-appointed executive committee, AICC in-charge of Delhi, Shakeel Ahmed, stressed on the need to strengthen the support base at the grass root level.
DPCC chief J P Aggarwal also emphasised the need for aggressively highlighting various welfare programmes of Centre as well as the Delhi government so that people are not misled by the opposition.
The meeting adopted a resolution thanking Congress chief Sonia Gandhi for bringing the ambitious Food Security Programme under which three-fourth population in the country will get 5 kg of foodgrains every month at highly subsidised rates of Rs 1-3 per kg.
It also thanked Gandhi for appointing a new executive committee of DPCC last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?