Delhi cop allegedly forced rape survivor to show how she was raped
Zee Media Bureau/Kamna Arora
New Delhi: In a shocking incident, a 13-year-old gang-rape victim has accused a station house officer of forcing her to strip at the police station in Uttam Nagar.
The girl had gone to the police station to register her complaint that she had been gang-raped two days earlier.
SHO Bhagwan Singh was suspended on Thursday, pending a departmental probe.
A senior Delhi police official said that the girl was allegedly raped on September 14 and an FIR was filed the same day. A juvenile girl and one Deepak were arrested the same day in connection with the case. The girl had on October 04 met senior police officials and claimed that when she along with her mother and aunt had approached Uttam Nagar police to file a rape complaint, the SHO there forced her to strip in front of her mother and aunt.
According to the written complaint filed by the girl, Bhagwan Singh told the girl to show him where she had been assaulted.
The Station House Officer of Uttam Nagar police station has now been sent to district lines for allegedly misbehaving with the 13-year-old rape victim. Also, a DCP-level officer of Delhi police`s vigilance department has begun a probe into the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites