Delhi cop allegedly forced rape survivor to show how she was raped
Zee Media Bureau/Kamna Arora
New Delhi: In a shocking incident, a 13-year-old gang-rape victim has accused a station house officer of forcing her to strip at the police station in Uttam Nagar.
The girl had gone to the police station to register her complaint that she had been gang-raped two days earlier.
SHO Bhagwan Singh was suspended on Thursday, pending a departmental probe.
A senior Delhi police official said that the girl was allegedly raped on September 14 and an FIR was filed the same day. A juvenile girl and one Deepak were arrested the same day in connection with the case. The girl had on October 04 met senior police officials and claimed that when she along with her mother and aunt had approached Uttam Nagar police to file a rape complaint, the SHO there forced her to strip in front of her mother and aunt.
According to the written complaint filed by the girl, Bhagwan Singh told the girl to show him where she had been assaulted.
The Station House Officer of Uttam Nagar police station has now been sent to district lines for allegedly misbehaving with the 13-year-old rape victim. Also, a DCP-level officer of Delhi police`s vigilance department has begun a probe into the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof