Delhi cop killed in road accident
New Delhi: A 50-year-old Delhi Police head constable was killed after his bike was hit by a speeding vehicle here Thursday morning, police said.
The errant driver has been arrested.
Lokender Singh was attached to a Police Control Room (PCR) van. He was hit around 7.30 a.m. near Delhi Police Apartments in east Delhi`s Pandav Nagar area.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead.
"The errant driver, Pradeep Kumar, was reportedly driving the car of a retired army officer. He has been arrested for rash and negligent driving, causing death," said a police officer.
Singh, whose PCR van was posted at Akshardham Temple, was on his way to work when he met with the accident.
Singh is survived by his wife, a daughter and a son Sachin Singh, who also works with Delhi Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Look what Karisma Kapoor has to say about sister Kareena Kapoor Khan’s baby
- Libya forces `retake` Benghazi district from jihadists
- HILARIOUS! Neymar fan caught in laundry room of Olympic team hotel
- Supreme Court to hear plea of Army doctors for raising retirement age
- Curfew, restrictions imposed to prevent protests in Kashmir