Delhi cop killed in road accident
New Delhi: A 50-year-old Delhi Police head constable was killed after his bike was hit by a speeding vehicle here Thursday morning, police said.
The errant driver has been arrested.
Lokender Singh was attached to a Police Control Room (PCR) van. He was hit around 7.30 a.m. near Delhi Police Apartments in east Delhi`s Pandav Nagar area.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead.
"The errant driver, Pradeep Kumar, was reportedly driving the car of a retired army officer. He has been arrested for rash and negligent driving, causing death," said a police officer.
Singh, whose PCR van was posted at Akshardham Temple, was on his way to work when he met with the accident.
Singh is survived by his wife, a daughter and a son Sachin Singh, who also works with Delhi Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in