Delhi cop killed in road accident
New Delhi: A 50-year-old Delhi Police head constable was killed after his bike was hit by a speeding vehicle here Thursday morning, police said.
The errant driver has been arrested.
Lokender Singh was attached to a Police Control Room (PCR) van. He was hit around 7.30 a.m. near Delhi Police Apartments in east Delhi`s Pandav Nagar area.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead.
"The errant driver, Pradeep Kumar, was reportedly driving the car of a retired army officer. He has been arrested for rash and negligent driving, causing death," said a police officer.
Singh, whose PCR van was posted at Akshardham Temple, was on his way to work when he met with the accident.
Singh is survived by his wife, a daughter and a son Sachin Singh, who also works with Delhi Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees