Delhi cop killed in road accident
New Delhi: A 50-year-old Delhi Police head constable was killed after his bike was hit by a speeding vehicle here Thursday morning, police said.
The errant driver has been arrested.
Lokender Singh was attached to a Police Control Room (PCR) van. He was hit around 7.30 a.m. near Delhi Police Apartments in east Delhi`s Pandav Nagar area.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead.
"The errant driver, Pradeep Kumar, was reportedly driving the car of a retired army officer. He has been arrested for rash and negligent driving, causing death," said a police officer.
Singh, whose PCR van was posted at Akshardham Temple, was on his way to work when he met with the accident.
Singh is survived by his wife, a daughter and a son Sachin Singh, who also works with Delhi Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog