Delhi: Cop killer youths arrested
New Delhi: Two youths, who allegedly
murdered a Uttar Pradesh Police constable, was arrested in
south Delhi, police said on Thursday.
Amir and Khem Chand were apprehended near IGNOU campus
area yesterday during a special drive for checking suspicious
vehicles on Diwali.
An Italy-make semi-automatic pistol, a stolen motorcycle
and Rs 5,000 cash were recovered from him, DCP (South) Chhaya
"We arrested them after they failed to produce any papers
regarding the vehicle. When confronted, they tried to flee
away but were overpowered. On verification, the motorcycle was
found to be stolen," Sharma said.
During interrogation, the DCP claimed, the duo told
police that they along with their accomplices committed the
murder of a constable of UP Police in Sahibabad and looted Rs
40,000, a mobile phone and a motorcycle from the victim.
"They disclosed that while they were trying to steal a
vehicle at Shiv Chowk near Ganesh Puri in Uttar Pradesh,
Constable Jitender intervened and tried to nab them. They
stabbed him to death," Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city