Delhi cop murders parents, arrested
New Delhi: A middle-aged couple was on Sunday brutally stabbed to death by their police constable son here following an argument over the victims` alleged interference in his marital affairs, police said. The accused has been arrested.
Constable Neeraj, 28, posted at the Patiala House court complex in central Delhi, was arrested for murdering his father Dharam Singh and mother Kamlesh, both in their late 40s, after an altercation with them Friday night at their house in Chhawla in west Delhi, police said.
The victims` bodies were spotted Sunday by a neighbour from a spot in the rear of the house, police said.
Neeraj, who joined Delhi Police in 2008, was questioned after the bodies were recovered and he confessed to the killings, police said.
According to police, Neeraj was suffering from depression as he was upset with his parents for allegedly interfering in his affairs with his second wife, who recently gave birth to a baby girl.
The constable`s first wife left him a few years back and he was apprehensive that his second wife may also desert him due to the alleged interference into their affairs by his parents, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'