Delhi cop murders parents, arrested
New Delhi: A middle-aged couple was on Sunday brutally stabbed to death by their police constable son here following an argument over the victims` alleged interference in his marital affairs, police said. The accused has been arrested.
Constable Neeraj, 28, posted at the Patiala House court complex in central Delhi, was arrested for murdering his father Dharam Singh and mother Kamlesh, both in their late 40s, after an altercation with them Friday night at their house in Chhawla in west Delhi, police said.
The victims` bodies were spotted Sunday by a neighbour from a spot in the rear of the house, police said.
Neeraj, who joined Delhi Police in 2008, was questioned after the bodies were recovered and he confessed to the killings, police said.
According to police, Neeraj was suffering from depression as he was upset with his parents for allegedly interfering in his affairs with his second wife, who recently gave birth to a baby girl.
The constable`s first wife left him a few years back and he was apprehensive that his second wife may also desert him due to the alleged interference into their affairs by his parents, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport