Delhi cop on shooting spree kills two, self
New Delhi: A Delhi Police constable went on a shooting spree and killed two people, including his brother-in-law, and himself with his official weapon here, police said on Thursday. This was the second firing incident in the city this month.
Constable Vijay, 24, gunned down his sister`s husband Manoj, 36, and mother-in-law Prakshwati, 62, in north Delhi`s Bakhtawarpur village Wednesday night and then shot himself near the double-murder spot.
"The first police call was received around 9.40 pm on Wednesday from Bakhtawarpur village, from where Manoj and his mother Prakashwati`s body was recovered. Just two hours after the first incident, police received another call informing about detection of Vijay`s body. Police recovered Vijay`s service gun from his possession," said a police officer.
The shooting incident comes 12 days after five people were killed and three injured in a similar shooting spree by two people in north Delhi`s Swaroop Nagar. The accused also died in that incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter